About Students for a Free Tibet – India:
SFT-India is the India National Network of Students for a Free Tibet International, which has over 650 chapters in more than 35 countries. We are a non-profit organization funded entirely by our members and supporters. SFT works in solidarity with the Tibetan people in their struggle for freedom and independence. To ensure the effectiveness of our grassroots network, we create awareness and sensitize the world on the just cause of Tibet. Our role is to empower and train youth as leaders in the worldwide movement for social justice. SFT’s global network is led and coordinated by SFT Headquarters (SFT HQ) located in New York City.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To implement and further develop our annual and long-term fundraising plans. As a dynamic, youth-led, grassroots organisation, SFT relies on a diverse range of income sources and creative grassroots fundraising strategies. SFT India Development staff works closely with National Director and Management staff team to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization. It also requires him/her to oversee SFT India over all merchandise, fund raising project and managing staff.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop annual and new long-term fundraising plans.
- Support National Director in Annual budget planning and financial report.
- Planning, selection and production of merchandise.
- Maintaining statistical, financial & sales records.
- Maximizing profitability and meeting sales targets
- Ensures availability of merchandise by approving orders as per the status of inventories
- Overseeing store(s), its daily functioning, merchandise pricing and overall sales.
- Initiating changes to improve the business through rebranding and new production items.
- Promoting and marketing of the merchandise.
- Deals with customer queries and complaints.
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
- Managing cash by closely working with the office accountant.
- Ensure standards for customer service keeping in mind the organisation’s aims and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and marketing is essential.
- Minimum 2 years work experience, ideally in a development and managerial role.
- Experience in business administration and marketing.
- Experience creating and implementing successful development plans, strategies, and initiatives;
- Experience with special event planning and cultivating relationships business partners and donors
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive and energetic personality.
- Flexible, self-motivated, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and carry a heavy workload.
- Designing and branding skills
- Exhibited commitment to Tibetan freedom and understanding of Students for a Free Tibet’s mission.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Comfortable working under pressure and managing a diverse array of tasks with shifting priorities;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good computer skills, including database management and spreadsheets (website design is an asset);
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills;
- Ability to supervise people and work well in a team;
- Outgoing, creative, positive, and motivated.
STATUS: Full-time position. This position is based in SFT India’s office in Dharamshala. Some time traveling required.
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
Reports To: National Director
How to Apply:
PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY by emailing in a single submission: Cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a brief writing sample on your interest for applying this position (unedited by others) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following supporting documents are also required:
- Attested copies of Degree certificate and Mark sheets
- Attested copy of ‘No Objection Certificate’, if currently employed.
- Attested copy of Green Book/Registration Certificate (RC) – first and last pages.
Please use “SFT India Development Director” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: 24. feb. 2017
For further queries: sftindia.org